Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Crockpot Roast Chicken

I know, I went out of order and forgot to post the recipe to the roast chicken that had me aging 10 years in one night. You'll have to forgive me, I was somewhat scarred from the experience ;)

Here we go!

What you need:
Whole chicken (3-5 lb)
Roast Chicken Spice Mixture:
4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. thyme, ground
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper


The night before:
• Wash a whole chicken (3-5 lbs.) and pat dry.  Try not to have a total panic attack about it like I did ;)
(Here's Wesley washing the chicken for me after I freaked out.)


•Prepare the spice mixture above in a small bowl and then rub all over the chicken, inside and out.  Try not to get too attached to your chicken, and definitely don't name it like I did mine.
 (I am aware the mixture looks like a smile. Not sure why, as I was doing anything but smiling at this particular moment.)
 



•Place the chicken in a pan and cover with plastic wrap.

• Put it in the refrigerator over night.

In the morning:
• Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and put it in your crockpot.
 You don't need to add any liquid, because the chicken produces its own juices as long as you don’t remove the cover while its cooking.  Trust me, there will be lots of juices by the time its done!
(Going in the pot)
•Cover and cook on low 9 hours.

(When it was done)
The chicken was falling off the bone before I even took it OUT of the crockpot. I had to lay it all out in a pan because it was completely separated! So good!

We served ours with some spicy rice and it was oh so yummy!

So there you have it. The roast chicken in the crockpot. While I'm not anxious to repeat the prep on this recipe, we'll definitely be making it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one!