Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hello from Miami!

I've been helping my sisters move this weekend down in Miami, and man am I exhausted. I forgot how tiring it is to move, and they barely had anything! I definitely don't have to work out for a few days, but damn if I havent gained 4 pounds in the last 28 hours. This morning the girls mom arranged breakfast for us courtesy of a friend of hers. She brought over pastries and all kinds of things. Now if you know me, you know I'm super picky. And yet somehow I managed to eat a beef empanada....for breakfast...on purpose. Seriously! Along with the usual guava and cheese pastries, there were meat empanadas as a breakfast meal. I know there's some fancy Spanish name for it, but I was too baffled by the fact that I was eating a beef pastry at 8 am.

I made the girls Haystacks for their first meal at home. They had a couple of their guy friends (who helped in the move) over for the meal as well.
The meal was served up and then there was total silence.
This is the highlight of my cooking for me! If people are silent, they are stuffing their faces, and they love it! I got compliments all around, and was told "oh I'm definitely following your blog." And that came from the guys! Haha!
I'm headed home tomorrow and though I'll miss the girls, I'm ready to be home with my boys. I need cooper snuggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one!